Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Short One

Gunnar
September 3, 2013
Angamos, Chile (Elder Said)

Short One

Well this was a very interesting week with a lot of interesting stuff that happened. Basically, I turned twenty, ate a lot of food, climbed up a mountain to receive revelation for the next decade of my life, and am currently writing you from the mission president's computer. The things here in Angamos have taken a turn for the worse lately as far as the missionaries are concerned and I had to tell him, couldn't keep it secret anymore. Don't worry, I am not going home and everything is fine, I just had a few things to talk about.

(When Gunnar arrived in the area the other Elders there really did not like each other and that has been an ongoing problem. Plus he had the Sister missionary demonstrating some anxiety issues last week. So he had to go in and talk with the boss and get some advice. Since he is on the office computer he is unable to spend the time to elaborate, so we will have to stay tuned for next week to get the inside scoop. I think by keeping it a secret he meant he was trying to work it out himself and not get the president involved, mainly because you hate to see someone else get in trouble; especially when they are causing their own problems. But as you get older you realize that “telling” on someone can sometimes be the best thing you can do for them.
Plus climbing a mountain to gain personal insight is good for the soul – everyone should try it sometime.) 

In lighter news, I really enjoyed my birthday, had cake with 2 different families and it was really, really good. I thought that I had broken the camera because I could not get it turn on for 2 days (that is why you did not get any pictures last week) and I seriously thought that it was broken. Fortunately it is not but there will be no pictures this week either due to the fact that I have a very short amount of time to write you.









Well I love you, lots of pictures next week!!

(We have heard that before – we will see.)

Love,
Elder Peters



Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment